iOpenShell » Community » Famous quantum mechanics quotes, anyone?

Famous quantum mechanics quotes, anyone?

Page: < 1 2

Author Post
Administrator
Here is another one of my favorites:
If the facts do not conform to the theory, they must be disposed of.
--Maier's Law
Here is one that I like :0

"I think I can safely say that nobody understands Quantum Mechanics”
This is Richard Feynman's
I personally like this one by Max Born : From the standpoint of our quantum mechanics, there is no quantity which causally fixes the effect of a collision in an individual event.
« Last edit by kirhist on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:52 am. »
MarcoS
"I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics." Richard Feynman, in The Character of Physical Law (1965)

This is my favourite quote so far as for me quantum mechanics has no boundaries.
I also like this one:

"According to the standard model billions of years ago some little quantum fluctuation, perhaps a slightly lower density of matter, maybe right where we're sitting right now, caused our galaxy to start collapsing around here."

Seth Lloyd
"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."
- Niels Bohr

« Last edit by pavel on Tue May 22, 2018 4:42 pm. »
"All science is either physics or stamp collecting."
-Ernest Rutherford

"Mathematics are well and good but nature keeps dragging us around by the nose."
-Albert Einstein

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka! ' (I found it! ) but 'That's funny ..."
-Isaac Asimov

There are some great quotes about quantum mechanics and science in general here:
http://www.quotecollection.com/

In particular there's lists for quotes about physics, math quotes and science quotes.

Enjoy!
-Mike
I love this one from Terry Pratchett: “In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.”
“The very nature of the quantum theory ... forces us to regard the space-time coordination and the claim of causality, the union of which characterizes the classical theories, as complementary but exclusive features of the description, symbolizing the idealization of observation and description, respectively.”
― Niels Bohr
_________________________________________________________________________________
« Last edit by pavel on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:40 am. »

Page: < 1 2

iOpenShell » Community » Famous quantum mechanics quotes, anyone?