iOpenShell » Technical questions » ezDyson problem

ezDyson problem

Moderators: kadir, krylov, piotr.

Page: 1

Author Post
Hey Guys,

I have been having some problems running ezDyson on my mid-2012 Macbook Pro. When I use the following command: exedys AgF.xml >& AgF.out &, I am getting the following error: -bash: exedys: command not found.

I then tried to compile this program using the mk.Mac file provided since I have gcc installed using home-brew. However, I am getting the error: fatal error: 'omp.h' file not found
#include "omp.h"
If someone could please help me with this asap, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Hi,

You are running into this problem because Apple has changed its default compilers in recent versions of Mac OS X by using Clang instead of gcc, and the version they use does not have OpenMP support at the moment. You can install OpenMP-enabled Clang using the instructions here:

https://clang-omp.github.io/

An easier alternative would be to download the actual gcc compilers (e.g. using Homebrew) and use those.

Let me know if those don't work. In that case I can probably send you a version of ezDyson that would not require OpenMP.
I have already installed the actual gcc compilers with Homebrew without any success. I am currently running the ezDyson program from my ubuntu partition, but if there is a way I can run the ezDyson program without OpenMP, I would really appreciate it.
Hi sseehra,

Sure, I have a version of ezDyson without openMP. Email me at sgozem@usc.edu and I can send it to you.

Page: 1

iOpenShell » Technical questions » ezDyson problem