iOpenShell » About the forum » Welcome!

Welcome!

Page: 1

Author Post
Administrator
Welcome to the Electronic Structure and Quantum Chemistry forum!

Our goal is to promote the dissemination of new results and ideas, technical information and know-how, discussions, and forging collaborations. We are excited to contribute in spreading the fun of learning theory and playing with electronic structure.

Our vision is that the forum will serve a broad scientific community ranging from quantum chemistry rookies to seasoned gurus. The forum welcomes experimentalists who wish to enhance their research by using ab initio tools and are looking for advice or help on technical issues, experienced computational chemists who would like to learn about new developments, developers of electronic structure codes and methods who want to share their most recent results, as well as conference organizers, prospective employers with job ads, and so on.

We are looking forward to your valuable contributions to this undertaking.

Best regards,
The iOpenShell Team
« Last edit by iopenshell on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:23 pm. »
Excellent inititiative. Thanks

Tung Nguyen-Dang
Administrator
Dear fellow nerds,

Thanks for your contributions, the Forum is growing -- and we decided to restructure it to streamline the navigation. So where should you post your stuff?

The current guidelines are:

General Electronic Structure and Quantum Mechanics:
- discuss any quantum mechanics or electronic structure related topics that do not fit other boards;
- share your favorite reviews or textbooks;
- announce new theories/share your recent achievements/alert the people about important developments in the field.

Technical and software-related questions:
- ask how-to questions, advertise new codes, report bugs, express frustration, etc.

Community and announcements:
- advertisement, e.g., conferences, postdoctoral opportunities, funding alerts, etc;
- humor, jokes, fun links, whatever you feel like sharing;
- information about other hangouts of potential interest.

If not sure -- post anywhere,we will move your post to whatever category it fits the best.

Have fun -- AIK.
« Last edit by iopenshell on Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm. »
Hi dear... I thing this forum need more baoards. so people can make introduce self to the board...

Regards.
Administrator
White, you are welcome to start 'Introduce yourself" thread in the Community board.

Regards,
Anna.
krylov wrote
White, you are welcome to start 'Introduce yourself" thread in the Community board.

Regards,
Anna.

I looked for the welcome thread but apparently it was never started? ;\
lingvoj
Thanks, I hope this to be a great community.
« Last edit by Olexandr Isayev on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:08 pm. »
wilddog34
Hello, my name is Alin and i just registered on this forum. It seems to be a nice community and i am glad that someone built it. :)
Hi, I'm a rookie at chemistry some I'm glad I found this forum. My name is Render and I'm working on car painting and it struck me that there is a lot of chemistry involved. Online I can't find much info about. Hopefully people on this forum can help me. :D
Name's Ed. I'm just an undergrad right now pursuing studies in pharmacology. But I may switch over to chemistry because this stuff is much more interesting.
This is very educative forum, proud to be member of here :)

thanks
Hi, I am Hadi.. just registered in this forum. I am a physicist, specific in material electronics development. Hope to get valuable info in this forum.
bucksgen
hi...im Jeff.
This forum have many good educative thread. :D
MarcoS
Hi Marco here

I am just starting to learn and very interested to learn more...
Hi to all
nice to see this forum online
I hope that it is also "live"
good work to all :D
« Last edit by zx123 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:28 pm. »
Now, dissertations and theses are more discoverable than ever. ProQuest has arranged with Google, Google Scholar and Google Books to allow indexing and searching across bibliographic data for graduate works published in 2007 and forward. Searches will retrieve basic metadata for each graduate work (title, author, abstract, keywords, etc), and provide links to ProQuest for purchase or access. Searches will also retrieve a preview of the graduate work's full text in Google Books.

These new dissemination avenues broaden author exposure beyond the traditional research community. Most scholars benefit from increased exposure to their published work, so the ubiquity of Google and Google Scholar should benefit most graduate students.

http://www.google.com
Hi!Excellent topic.I'm new here and I hope that we will share a lot of topics! :)
I want to discuss my ideas on this forum.Please tell me the procedure of adding post.
That agreement between Proquest and Google sounds good. I think it's a good move after their Google Books flop they had last year legally.
Dear colleagues

Can some body please suggest us how to write an input file for calculation of excited state energies and transition probability data for a molecules like water using CISD formalism in GAMESS code? It will be of great help if an input file can be given to us.

Thank you in advances

Page: 1

iOpenShell » About the forum » Welcome!